That Night

Silently I walked in
No one was there
But I am sure
I heard, someone was calling me
Banging at my door
Should I care?
Or must be an imagination.

WAIT!

Footsteps. I could hear it
The clear sound coming from the basement
I walked, walked and walked
As if it's miles away 
Took every step
Ready to flex
Deep my confidence lay
Shivering all over
Unlocked and openend the door
Slowly I stepped down the stairs
Pitch black I found the room
No one I could find there.

"What was that?"
Oh! Just a rat.

About to turn, I felt
Someone just crossed
Turned and gazed
As if I am not afraid
But in real
I can't explain 
The eerie feeling
Something is crossing the line.
Hurriedly trying to walk
I went towards the door
Wanted to go out
As fast as possible
I felt the chills to my core
Because I could feel someone 
Standing behind me
Starring with neutral expression
I didn't want to turn
I didn't want to see
Just wanted to leave 
I climbed up the stairs.

"COME BACK" whispering sound
"COME BACK" loud commanding

I hurried.

OH GOD! MY LEG.
Got stuck in between the stairs
I twisted it in every possible way.

The door of the basement started closing
I looked back
Thing like a shadow
Coming towards me
Holding my leg and I pulled it out

Ran towards the door.

Came out.

Pressed shut.

"BANG"

The sound came when I closed.











Comments